Interested in supporting the SF Bay Area Korean Adoptee community? AKASF is an all-volunteer run organization that is driven by the dedication and passion of its community members.
VOLUNTEER BOARD MEMBERS:
The board positions include: President, Treasurer, and General Board Members. Over the past few years, AKASF board members and volunteers have helped to
1) Create diverse events for the local adoptee community:
- Dinner and happy hour meet ups
- Adoptee discussion groups
- Adoptees without citizenship workshop
- Korean cooking class
- Learning Korean language info session
- Film screenings
2) Collaborate, participate with, and promote local organizations who support the adoptee and/or the Korean American community:
- IKAA International Gatherings (International Korean Adoptee Associations)
- SF Chuseok Celebration (Korea Center)
- An Orphan for You conference (Me&Korea, Mu Films)
The basic Board requirements include:
- Monthly planning calls (quarterly in-person meetings)
- Ownership of at least one event or contribution to organization operations
- Minimum one year of service (at least 5 hrs per month)
If you don’t have the capacity to fulfill a volunteer board role and are interested in volunteering, please reach out to discuss.
CURRENT ORGANIZATION NEEDS:
- Newsletter (Mailchimp) Manager – content planning, distributing a monthly email newsletter
- AKASF Instagram Manager – content planning, design, and posting
- Fundraising Coordinator – help set and execute strategy fundraising strategy (nonprofit donations, grants, online campaigns, etc.)
- AKASF Socials – planning, marketing, and executing local AKASF socials
We seek the following skills in our volunteers:
- Event planning and coordination
- Project management
- Community outreach
PARTNER WITH AKASF:
Do you have an event idea and want to partner with AKASF? In the past we have worked with individuals and organizations to create a variety of events for the adoptee community. Depending on the type of event, we have worked together on planning, marketing, and funding. Going forward, we want to see more community-driven events!
If you are interested in volunteering or partnering to support the adoptee community, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.