Interested in supporting the SF Bay Area Korean Adoptee community? AKASF is an all-volunteer run organization that is driven by the dedication and passion of its community members.
BOARD MEMBER BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Monthly planning calls
Quarterly in-person meetings
- Newsletter (Mailchimp) Manager – content planning, distributing a monthly email newsletter
- Fundraising Coordinator – help set and execute strategy fundraising strategy (nonprofit donations, grants, online campaigns, etc.)
- IKAA Rep – connecting with other adoptee organizations and representing AKASF at monthly IKAA meetings
- Community Rep* – Reaching out to local organizations to generate ideas for collaboration. Reaching out to our members for feedback and ideas (online and/or in-person)
- AKASF Socials* – planning, marketing, and executing local AKASF socials
* Indicates multiple people support these roles
PARTNER WITH AKASF:
Do you have an event idea and want to partner with AKASF? In the past we have worked with individuals and organizations to create a variety of events for the adoptee community. Depending on the type of event, we have worked together on planning, marketing, and funding. Going forward, we want to see more community-driven events! Please reach out at
If you are interested in volunteering to support any of the above areas or have other ideas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.