The Association of Korean Adoptees San Francisco (AKASF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that serves the San Francisco Bay Area Korean Adoptee community. It doesn’t matter whether you are new to the community or have been involved for many years. Our mission is to support, educate, and foster community, inspiring adoptees on their life journeys.
What we do:
- Monthly meet up events, which have included writing workshops, summer picnics, Korean cooking clases, holiday dinners, adoptee discussion groups, film screenings, Korean Heritage Night with the SF Giants, and more!
- Collaborate and participate with local organizations who support the adoptee and/or the Korean American community.
- Offer scholarship support for local Korean language schools and programs.
A Hub to Explore the Korean Adoptee Community
- Like our Facebook Page and join the discussion and ask questions in our Facebook Group
- Sign up for our Email List
- Read our blog posts to get insights on adoptee news, events, and more
- Find local adoptee and Korean American organizations
- Volunteer with AKASF
Want to get involved? Have questions about AKASF? Email us at email@example.com.
In 1997, AKASF began helping adopted Koreans find one another and connect to their Korean heritage, culture, and birthland. Early activities included sharing our experiences by speaking on panels, “Playshops” with adopted children, dragon-boating, and co-sponsoring screenings of groundbreaking films by Deann Borshay Liem.
AKASF hosted its 20th Anniversary and the International Korean Adoptee Associations (IKAA) Annual Convention in the fall of 2017, bringing together over 230 participants. We look forward to providing meaningful services/events and continued leadership to the local adoptee community and IKAA.